I recently purchased Office 365 personal license from Amazon India for an offer price of 2300 after applying Prime Savings, Amazon Pay cashback, and NO Cost EMI on debit card. I was paying monthly for the Office services from the past years, and this deal saves me around 1500 INR. Since I bought Office 365 in this year, I’m eligible for downloading Office 2019 applications like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. I also get 1 TB of OneDrive storage. If you don’t use office apps, you may still consider buying Office 365 for 1 TB of OneDrive storage, which is probably the lowest in industry. If you buy the Office 365 product key, you may activate the software in Windows PC, Mac, and mobile devices like iPhone and Android. Here I’m sharing my experience of activate Office 365 online and downloading offline installers for Windows [ISO], and macOS [PKG].
Difference between office 365 and Office 2019
The main difference between Office 365 and Office is the pricing, the availability of cloud applications like OneDrive and Outlook.com premium, etc. and the free Skype credits. You can pay monthly or yearly for Office 365 subscription, but Office 2019 requires only a one-time payment. I chose Office 365 as I wanted the OneDrive and integrated online solutions. Coming to the pricing Office 365 is available in Amazon India for 3500 (without an offer) and Office 2019 costs 19000 INR. Office 2019 offers a lifetime activation for all included apps until the end of the support, likely until 2025.
How to activate Microsoft Office 365 or 2019 online
You need to activate your product key before you could download Office 365 or Office 2019 offline installers. Do the following to activate your software.
- Go to Office activation page.
- Sign up for an outlook.com account or sign-in to your existing Microsoft account.
- Now enter the product key in the boxes provided.
- Choose your place, language and click next.
- You will see “Product Key Confirmed” with the variant of your Office license, in the next page, if activation is successful.
- Click next to access your account, and download Office 365/2019 offline installer for Windows, Mac or mobile device.
Remember to activate the product from the country where you bought the license. I bought Office 365 personal from Amazon.in, so I should activate the product from an Indian IP.
Download Office 365  offline installer for Windows and Mac
There are separate offline installers for Office 365 and Office 2019 packages. Office 365 includes the Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook(app), Onedrive, OneNote, Publisher, Access, and other cloud services. 1 TB Onedrive storage and 60 minutes free Skype Calling, Microsoft support (lifetime) are the other advantages for Office 3565 subscription.
Whereas the Office 2019 has classic versions of Word 2019, PowerPoint 2019, Excel 2019, OneNote, and Outlook, which works as standalone apps, and they all come with a lifetime license.
- To download Office 2019 offline installer, go to this page when you are signed in to MS account.
- Now click on the Blue button “Install Office.”
- A new window will appear, showing the available options to download your copy of Office.
- If you want to download Office 365/2019 installer for Windows, you should visit this page from a PC. Then you will be able to select between 32-bit and 64-bit and get the full .ISO image.
- I’ve used a Mac and therefore I get the download link for a .pkg installer, native to macOS systems.
How to download Skype installer?
Unfortunately, Office 365 offline installer does not include Skype in the package. If you if wish, you need to separately download Skype for Windows and macOS. Also, the free Skype credit that comes with Office subscription is limited to some countries.
How to activate Office 365?
After downloading the full offline installer for office 365, you have to install and launch any one of the Office applications to complete the activation process. I’m showing the screenshot take from Word 2019 for macOS. Click on the activate button appearing on the yellow bar, at the top section of the application. It will ask you to sign-in with your Microsoft account. Next is verification, which takes only a few minutes if you have already added the Office 365 key to account.